Copper Mine Maintenance Transformation
One of the world’s largest resource company was undertaking a company-wide business transformation to establish common, efficient core processes supported by SAP across more than 100 operating assets. This initiative included a copper mine in northern Chile, one of the world’s largest producer of copper concentrate and cathodes.
We were selected to assist with establishing the core processes and common metrics at the copper mine, which included:
- Updating equipment strategies and project management plans to ensure all common data is reliable and relevant
- Effective training and coaching in the new system’s core processes to over 1,200 users
- Change management plan applied to ensure all common data and core processes are supported by one integrated effective system (SAP).
At the end of the contract, we delivered:
- Reliable data and performance transparency to improve cost management across the company’s operations
- Removed all unnecessary complexity and expense
- Improved availability of tools and information to meet best practice level
- Ability to leverage learnings and best practice improvements in all business areas
- Reduction of non-value added tasks
- Task efficiency improved through better data accessibility.