International Convention Centre (ICC)
The International Convention Centre (ICC) was won as a competitive Public-Private Partnership (PPP) bid in 2012, and all PPP facilities were delivered by the end of 2016.
RBG, a member of the Surbana Jurong Group, provided the structural engineering services and in ground services 3D modelling, and clash detection for all PPP buildings from bid phase to final completion.
Our bid phase value engineering initiatives included retention of some 25,000m2 of existing exhibition hall structure floor slab from the old facility assisted in the successful Lend Lease consortium bid.
ICC Sydney is one of Australia’s largest multi-modal convention, exhibition and entertainment precincts. The project features:
– A Convention building including 2,000-capacity Grand Ballroom and 2,500-capacity theatre and multiple meeting rooms and function rooms
– A two-level Exhibition Building with 40,000 square metre of exhibition space and some 800 car parking spaces. The upper hall is a 20kPa-capacity floor supported by “quadruped” arms on a 27m x 27m grid with a 104m clear span roof
– A 8,000 seat (9,000-capacity) theatre with all function facilities designed to host sports and music events.
– Exhibition hall roof that spams 104m by 126m wide and was strand jacked into place.
– Public realm structures including bridge links, wayfinding and public stages